What Is Worship?
In John 4, Jesus says that He desires those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). The Scriptures teach that worship is the only sensible response to the revelation of God. When we are overwhelmed with the presence of God, we can’t help but worship God by living lives of submission to Him and loving the world as Christ has loved us. At Leawood Baptist Church, we use music and other artistic expressions as tools to give God all of the glory – glory that He deserves and demands.
We’d love for you to be a part of our worship arts ministry at Leawood! Here are ways for you to get involved:
- The gathering choir helps lead the body of Christ in worship for the Sunday Morning Worship Gathering at 10:30am.
- We sing the truth of God in a variety of styles and cultural expressions.
- We rehearse in the choir room from 6:30pm to 7:30pm on Wednesday nights.
- Childcare is provided for all ages.
Gathering Vocal Team
- The gathering vocal team leads as a vocal frontline at the Sunday Worship Gatherings at 10:30am and 5:00pm.
- This team exhibits vocal leadership, exhortation, and Scripture reading in our time of worshipping God through music.
- Everyone on this team is involved in the gathering choir as well.
- The worship band is a group of musicians that assist in the leading of worship for both our morning and evening Sunday Worship Gatherings at 10:30am and 5:00pm.
- This group is open to all ages and instruments.
Voices of Hope
- Voices of Hope is an outreach choir that goes to homebound and hospitalized people in the Memphis area to cheer them up with familiar hymns.
- We currently meet on Monday mornings at 10:30am.
- No childcare is provided, but it is a lot of fun!
Contact our office at 901-324-7169 or email email@example.com for any questions about the worship arts ministries.